Thursday, October 22, 2015

Release



photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/98193606@N00/11780118965">375-DSC06461</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>


When someone hurts us, or when we feel that life in general is out to get us, we tend to collect a lot of emotional baggage. We can't see it, but that baggage is a real object made up of memories of stress triggers, anger, sadness, fear. I myself was shown in a meditation that I had been carrying around a black mass of emotional baggage for years, but that I had the choice to put it down and release it, or continue on with it in my arms. No one was forcing me to carry the mass, it was my choice completely. The mass was toxic, sticky, disgusting and carrying it had the effect of sapping my very own life from me, thus continuously making me sick with colds and sore throat, headaches, stress, stomach issues, fatigue, etc. My guides showed me how easy it would be to leave it on the side of the road, or just to place it in a trash dumpster and walk away.

The thing was, it was my choice to let it go. It would always be my choice.

We all collect emotional baggage, whether we know it or not. It influences everything we do, sometimes in a good way, sometimes negatively. There's nothing wrong with knowing you don't want to date someone who's overly emotional, the problem comes when you refuse to date anyone at all afraid that ALL potential love interests are out to hurt you. It's like eating badly cooked broccoli and thinking all broccoli tastes the same. Emotional baggage is a bad memory influencing your future decisions. It's keeping you from finding out that you can experience something awesome the next time around.

It's up to us to recognize when we are holding onto old fears, or even feelings of having to please or fix people who aren't and never have been our job to fix or please. We have to let that go. That's why it's important to take time out every now to breathe and listen to what our heart is telling us. Do we feel burdened with guilt, sadness, or responsibility for no reason at all? Have we forgotten to do simple things for ourselves that bring joy?

Remember, we all deserve to be happy. Every day. Don't let old emotional baggage weigh you down one second longer. Release it. Let it go. Picture yourself tossing it into a huge garbage heap and take note of how alive and FREE you feel afterward.

I wish you a wonderful day today. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment