Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Finding your own intuitive voice


photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/82285137@N00/2325890669">Winschester en London 036</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>

I thought I would write something about how to get in touch with your intuition. Right now it seems there are a lot of people out there who are searching for answers. First of all, we each have intuition, we just don't realize it. Some people have it more than others, but we all hold intuitive gifts. The key is you need to trust your gut and listen to those little nudges which sometimes sound like 'throwaways' but are actual messages from Spirit.

A few weeks ago I was thinking about how to get in touch with a new spirit guide because I needed to deepen my connection but was feeling blocked. I thought, maybe I don't really have intuition. I'm good with tarot, but other than that, eh. But then with many, many signs and occurrences from Spirit, it hit me. I am intuitive. I've been intuitive my entire life but other people had convinced me I wasn't. I had literally been tossing away messages and doing the opposite of what they'd told me—spiritual sabotage. So, about a week later I convinced myself to try again, and that's when I began to 'hear' from my guide for the first time.

Obviously if you hear things like, I'm hungry! or Sitting like this makes me feel so stupid, then, no . . . you're probably not hearing an actual spirit guide! You need to learn to tamper those kind of thoughts and one way to do that is to ground yourself. That means you literally put your feet on the ground (or floor) and through a set of deep breaths draw the energy of the earth up through your feet, as well as allow your energy to 'spread' or 'root' itself. The first time I heard of grounding I thought it sounded counterproductive to the whole idea of interacting with Spirit. Aren't we supposed to elevate ourselves? Apparently, not so. The only way Spirit can work through us is if we SIT STILL. If we're scattered all over the place, emotionally, mentally and/or physically, it won't work. Think about how a TV works—it sits on a desk, or a floor, or is attached to a wall and receives signals from an antenna. We're just like that. We need to be planted somewhere or else we're just an empty box.

My spirit guide comes through as different animals, people, etc. and usually gives me a gift that is symbolic to the message being delivered. Sometimes the message is simplistic, sometimes it is complicated. But it is always delivered with love.

The other day my spirit guide appeared as a dove and snuggled into my shoulder. It was a feeling of comfort and total peace. I was told to stop worrying about everything and to know that all would work out well. The session ended with the message, "We are light, together."

This morning I was given a coin and told that time is money, money is time. How you spend your time is the same way a person saves or wastes their money. Use it wisely. You already have all the wealth potential inside, and by honoring your highest self, treating your time with respect, you will see that money flows according to how you act.

Again, we all have intuition. You don't need to hear it or buy it or read a million books to understand it. All you have to do is believe in your ability, and be open to listening.

I wish you a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. I sense a connection here between the language of the spirit-guide and the Jungian idea of subconscious mind --both seem to communicate in metaphor, the spirit in symbols, the subconscious in dreams. Conscious synthesis of metaphor is particularly useful in poetry. I have read and written poetry as a stabilizing influence in my life and now wonder if it is connected to a larger sphere of communication. Is that intuition? As a man, I realize I have only a fraction of female emotional range and intuition. Men can intuit mainly the presence or imminence of danger and cannot --perhaps need not-- intuit further. But it sure seems to me that you're on to something here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think men can be quite intuitive, however, it's possible thy go after it aggressively whereas a woman might just gently ease herself into it and Spirit much prefers the gentle approach. So, who knows? And—I absolutely agree with you that poetry, writing, songwriting, art are all forms of intuition!

    ReplyDelete