Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Symbols






Today as I took my daily walk around the park, I saw a white feather on the path and then later a bird that had died, the color of black. I've seen the bird numerous times and always felt a sort of sadness and gloom, gloom because in the past they have symbolized to me unfortunate events coming in the near future. Of course, now I know through tarot that a symbol of death is never a bad omen so much as an indicator of coming change. Rebirth. Today I saw the white feather, and it was a reminder that I was protected by the angels and all things of the Divine. Many people miss or brush these off as coincidental or insignificant, but for me they are reminders of the very things I've been coming across in my spreads. I can be quite insecure about my own readings, tacking the cards off as, "Well, that probably won't come to pass," or "I was influencing the reading with my own negativity." The reason I, and others, do this is denial and fear.

So, speaking of change, how do you explain these things to the other people in your peripheral, such as family members, loved ones and friends? It's not going to come across very well to explain that you've been told one karmic situation has been completed and the next must be embarked upon. They will, most likely, call you crazy. And I do understand that. But here's the thing, in my experience the cards are not revealing any great secrets. The things they tell you, you already know. And other people know as well. I know deep in the marrow that I've changed drastically and can no longer pretend I am the same person as two years ago. I feel it. I live it. But that emotional chain is so strong—invisible as it may be. That old adage a father would tell to his child: 'If you really love it, you'll set it free,' doesn't seem to apply to humans. We think we own each other. The problem is, the Universe does not work in the same manner, and in fact abhors ownership. When it knows someone has reached and completed a karmic cycle, it will do everything to enact change, even if that person (and the people they are involved with) insist on holding on.

To the Universe, life is a river. It goes one direction, and one direction only. It does not stop, back up and turn the other way. It does not fight the current. It flows. It is completely unnatural to the spirit world to go against the current of change. Repeating the same karmic cycle over and over again is stupid and stressful and like a million pounds of gravity strapped to the chest. The Universe will find a way to make things happen, be it drastic change or minimal change. But there will be change.

So, a white feather and a dead bird were put in my path to remind me that stubborn is stupid, and change is the flow of life. If you are reading this, you're probably supposed to think about it too.




3 comments:

  1. For at least 50 years, since I was in my early teens, I've had an interest in physics, followed new new theories and old with equal enthusiasm because they tend to combine and build on each other. One recurring idea, that has been tested with varying but encouraging results, is the brain exploits some sort of quantum coherence. In physics, mind and matter are simply considered two ways of organizing events that compose our continuum --not all that much different from each other. If, say, a symbol like a baby is encountered in considering a idea unrelated to babies, it has been demonstrated --to me certainly-- that the symbol may be more than metaphorical. Likewise, a river may be quite an accurate and real perception of reality to Heraclitus, or to you, and one more universally accessible than generally supposed. The river may flow in all directions at once, but we perceive only one, indicated by the entropic arrow of time. This too may change, as we are all works under construction. It won't change quickly, but there are clues that it is underway, and all clues come finally from within.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice post, Geo. It reminds me of the George Harrison song, Within You and Without You. It really does all pass through and reflect outwards.

      Delete
    2. Geo. Harrison had a remarkable mind, Amy. I think he knew communication was for helping each other think of things we might otherwise dismiss. I get that same sort of reinforcement from you, but understand, I'm quite stubborn --refuse to close my mind in advance of data. I'm learning here.

      Delete