Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dreams





I find it somewhat difficult to remember my dreams upon waking up each morning. My eyes open, life churns into action. Animals, kids, coffee, school. Dream forgotten. That's not unusual—most people are too busy to remember what they dreamed about the night before, and most feel it unnecessary to pick the imagery apart and apply the meanings to everyday existence. In a spiritual sense, dreams are a time of healing, a time to connect with the invisible realm, and also a time to dredge and address the issues we often push under the rug in our wake state. The symbolism, though often too surreal to comprehend, reflects that which we fear and which also can be our biggest asset, similar to the way tarot forces us to see our weaknesses and strengths.

Last night I had a dream that I was traveling by car to an unknown location. It felt like a work trip,  maybe doing book readings, or playing music. I pulled into a small town and decided to stop at a meek-looking hotel, which actually turned out to be a lot grander on the inside. It had an oasis feel to it: ferns hanging from the ceiling, brass and gold accents, a water feature, leather chairs with people lounging around with drinks in their hands. I checked in and went to find my room on the second floor, but my 'room' turned out to be a tiny bed in a closet—with no door. Not good. Not only that, but suddenly my daughter shows up and I have to find a bed for her as well, and I certainly can't have her sleeping in a closet! So, we go back down to the lobby where I demand an actual room with an actual bed. No problem. But instead of a key, they give me a piece of paper with a gold stamp on it. Fancy. I'm excited about it, because any room that needs a gold stamp must be really nice. However, before going back upstairs, I run into Pat Sajak. Yes, that's right. The game show host. I'm really excited and I tell him that he's a funny guy, like Johnny Carson funny, which takes him off guard and makes him blush a bit. That's when I notice his face is covered with a map—I see little town markers and names and lines running over his forehead, which probably stand for highways.

Then I wake up.

At first it upsets me that I'll never get to see that fancy room, but later on after drinking some coffee, I realize I've been getting the World card a lot lately along with the Wheel of Fortune card. What game show does Pat Sajak host?

Should I be planning for a trip in the near future? We shall see.

So, have you been experiencing a lot of vivid dreams lately, and do you take the time to write them down? You'd be surprised by what the spirit world (and your higher self) is trying to tell you.

Have a beautiful day, and many blessings!

3 comments:

  1. It has been my experience that dreams exploit puns and wordplay among the abundant associations in our minds. There is an immense hotel that I too visit in dreams. I first approached it from a beach upon which all my childhood playmates were building sand castles. The hotel has many many floors, accessible by stairways of all architectural periods. I encounter strangers, friends, ancestors and the shades of people to be. There is always a feeling that we are guests from all the dreams of humankind --that we will wake into our own beds, our own times. Most peculiar is, although Immense Hotel has innumerable --perhaps infinite-- floors, they are all ground floors and all outside doors give onto the beach. Perhaps we'll run into each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so! Isn't there a hotel in San Fran or somewhere close that has a gazillion rooms because the owner was told by a psychic to keep building? I've always wanted to see it. Strange how multilevel structures appear in dreams. There must be something about the map of our subconscious that parallels it.

      Delete
    2. I believe you may mean Sarah Winchester's house in San Jose, about 50 miles from SF. A fascinating structure designed to baffle mischievous forces.

      Delete