Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Split

This is frustrating. The problems I've been having with a hacker are now, I believe, affecting other people. If you know me, you know that when it comes to others being affected, I get really upset. And the other less important issue out of all this is that someone might think I'm the hacker. This is so crazy. Yes, I have put legal disclaimers everywhere, and yes, I have spoken to the person I feel might be at fault. But apparently nothing has changed because the guilty party doesn't care. That's all I'm going to say about that from a personal standpoint.

It does lead to an interesting topic though—why are some people so rotten, and other people so conscientious? Why does such a wide rift of goodness exist in our society? Like drivers on a road, we all need to trust each other, and yet when that trust is decayed by someone's less than positive actions, you become a driver on permanent guard and the world turns into a dark and dangerous place. What an unhealthy way to live, right? And yet, there are times when being on guard is the most positive action to take.

Last night I received the I Ching: Splitting Apart. Quite a dramatic reading, to be honest. It basically says that when there is corruption it is best to lie low and allow the negative forces (and people) to burn themselves out, much like a farmer burns a 'dead' field in order to regenerate the soil. We live in a society where when something bad happens we run and yell, when in reality sometimes it's best to be silent, find shelter and wait. I know, it sounds like victim mentality, however, what does one do in a raging battle? Run into the line of fire while waving a red flag? We all know that would be stupid. If the enemy is closing in, you don't run into action, you form a protective barrier while also finding a means of escape.

These are confusing times, and my problems are most likely a reflection of much bigger problems the rest of the world is facing. Meditation and contemplation will always be the best means of dealing with a tricky issue, as well as being on guard and putting up limitations. How interesting that these ancient texts still resonate for so many of us today.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had to deal with a hacker. On an older computer, I had the misfortune to lose all my stored photos to an invading ransomware virus, which invited me to pay for a key algorithm to decrypt them. Since I conduct no household business online and 99% of my photos are duplicated on Picasa, my response was to purge all files and shelve the old laptop --perhaps one of the grandchildren can repair it for school credit someday. Unfortunately, many folks DO pay bills, bank, purchase by credit card online and keep their valuable photos in hard-drive files. So hackers are certainly running a profitable protection racket that ignores human misery. It's nothing new and it's as wicked as as it's always been. Point is, despite human aspirations toward evolving into a telepathic culture, I've now learned to be glad it never happened.

    Imagine being connected to a general human consciousness. I once thought it would end war and social injustice, but the experience of cybercrime and the pollution it brings to our electronic seance makes me wonder if opportunistic sociopathy would exploit it for mundane profit and power. I wonder also if our million-year human history on this planet has already issued psychic societies which developed filters and barriers to keep power-seekers from hacking their brains --survivors from whom we are descended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make you wonder. Sometimes if feels as if one part of society is turning right and the other left, with no one in between.

      Delete